Lisa Wright - Clerk

email: clerk@spencertwp.org



2022 Elections
May 3, 2022 Special Election (Greenville & Lakeview Schools Bond Proposals only)
August 2, 2022 State Primary
November 8, 2022 State General Election



Any questions call (616) 984-0035 or email:
Lisa Wright, Clerk clerk@spencertwp.org
Danelle Wright, Deputy Clerk deputyclerk@spencertwp.org

You are eligible to vote if you are:
A citizen of the United States
At least 18 years old on or before the next election
A resident of Michigan

You are not required to re-register for each election unless you have moved or changed your name.

You can register to vote at any:
Secretary of State Branch Office (15 days prior to election)
County Clerk's Office (15 days prior to election)
Spencer Township Clerk's Office (up to and including the day of the election to 8 pm)
Assistant clerk for voter registration at specified government agencies  (15 days prior to election)
By mail (Important reminder if you register by mail - you must vote in person
for your first election)

You can verify your voter registration by calling the Clerk or check on Michigan's website at

Your drivers license or ID address must match voter registration.  To change address go to any Secretary of State Branch Office or click on link below and follow instructions.

Change of Address


Absentee Ballots are available to all registered voters, no reason needed.

Click on link below, download, print, fill out and return to: Mail or drop off in black receiving box in front of office Spencer Twp Clerk, 14960 Meddler Ave, Gowen, Mi 49326 Or scan and email to clerk@spencertwp.org

Absentee Voting Application


Mark box 3b on application if you would like to be on our permanent list, so for every election you will automatically receive an application in the mail, you fill out application & mail back (telling us that yes, you want a ballot for this election), then we mail you your ballot.  You may bring your application back in person to get your ballot, but only yours.

Remember, if you registered by mail, you are not eligible for an absentee ballot for your first election.

If you would like to be placed on our Permanent Absentee Ballot List, please call the Clerk's office. If you are on this list, you will be sent an application for ballot for each government election.

Notice for Military and Oversease Civilian Voters

VOTER INFORMATION FROM THE SECRETARY OF STATE: Helpful information about voting and voter registration can be found at Michigan Secretary of State Voter Information Center.
· How do I register to vote?
· Am I already registered?
· Find your clerk
· Absentee ballots
· Work at the Polls
· Voting machine instructions
· Election calendar
· Map to your polling location


If you would like additional information or have questions or suggestions,
please stop at the Clerk's office or call 616-984-0035